TOK IS THE CROSSROADS TO ALASKA
If you’re driving to or from Alaska, you have to go through Tok, Alaska!
Tok is a Service Center so you can take a break from driving and get e-mail,laundry, vehicles washed and repaired, pick up mail and just relax. Take a tour of our Main Street Visitor center, check out our local gifts shops or go for a walk on our nice bike and footpaths.
About Tok Alaska
Tok originated as a construction camp during the building of the Alaska highway in 1942.
We are a service center for the Eastern Interior, the surrounding Athabascan native villages and the Fortymile mining district.
All services are available.
Our population is 1400 people.
Elevation is 1635 ft.
How To Find Us In Tok Alaska
We are centrally located in Tok at Mile 1314.3 Alaska Hwy
Things To Do In Tok Alaska
- Free Dog Team Equipment Exhibit
- Across from “Main Street Visitor Center”
- Across from “Tok Memorial Park”
- Nature Trails and Bike Paths
- Hiking, Hunting, Fishing, Wildlife viewing.
- Flight seeing
- Public Lands Office which makes Alaska Marine reservations
- Take a day trip to Chicken, Alaska
- Short drive to local swimming lake.
THIS IS MINUS 50 DEGREES IN DECEMBER. WITH A FULL MOON AND SNOW IT’S ALMOST LIKE DAY LIGHT
THE BEAUTIFUL ALASKA RANGE